Dear Computer Chapter Members,
Wishing you a great Singapore National Day and I trust that you are enjoying your long weekend holiday :-)
The upcoming September break is going to be even more enjoying and fun-filled with laughters, fun and food.
Yes, it's the IEEE Singapore Computer Chapter's Family Day 2010!
As many of you have voiced your opinions and preferences during the quick online poll last month, we are now happy to share with you the poll results.
* Venue: Costa Sands Resort
@ Downtown East [78.6%] vs. East Coast Park @ BBQ by the beach [21.4%]
* Date: 4 Sept [75.0%] vs. 11 Sept [25.0%]
* Family Members Joining:
-- 1 Adult [7.1%]; 2 Adults [71.4%]; 3 Adults [7.1%]; 4 Adults [14.3%]
-- No Children [57.1%]; 1 Child [21.4%]; 2 Children [21.4%];
* Best Decision at Polling Time:
-- Yes, most likely to join [85.7%]; No, most likely cannot make it [14.3%]
Going with the majority, our upcoming IEEE-CC's Family Day 2010 will be as follows:
Venue: Costa Sands Resort @ Downtown East
Date: 4 September 2010 (Saturday)
Function Room Outside
Function Room Inside
Details for the Family Day:
* 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
-- Registration at entrance of Vanda Hall, Costa Sands Resort, Pasir Ris
Note that it's NOT at Costa Sands Resort @ Downtown East for the registration and ticket collection.
(Address: 159M Jalan Loyang Besar, Pasir Ris Park, Singapore 509404).
Info on Bus, MRT, Driving, Parking, etc.(http://www.costasands.com.sg/pasirris/).
There is also the option of a 1-day season parking ticket
(with a daily charge capped at $6.42 subject to availability).
-- Produce your NRIC and IEEE membership card to exchange for the Escape Theme Park tickets.
* 12:00+ PM - 5:00 PM
-- Walk with your family to the Escape Theme Park (a short 5 minutes)
-- Family fun @ Escape Theme Park (own time own target!)
-- Do bring extra shirts and pants (especially for your children) to change later.
* 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
-- Wash-up & break
-- Short stroll (5 mins) back to Vanda Hall, Costa Sands Resort (Pasir Ris)
* 6:00 PM - 8:00+ PM
-- Refreshments & Buffet dinner
-- Family & kids' group games (with prizes)
-- Multiple lucky draws throughout dinner time, where every family is a lucky winner!
-- Return of Deposit Cheque (so it's 100% free!)
-- Bye and enjoy your sweet dreams back home :-)
You may also wish to take note of some general rules and regulations upon entry to Escape Theme Park.
For the enjoyment and safety of all your family, please observe the following rules and regulations upon entry into Escape Theme Park:
1. No Smoking in the Park except at designated corners.
2. No Pets are allowed.
3. No bicycles, skateboards, scooters and other devices are allowed in the Park.
4. No bare body and indecent attire in the Park.
5. No commercial filming, videography and photography without prior approval.
6. No outside Food and Beverage items are allowed in the Park.
7. No tampering with any technical equipment within the Park.
8. Operating hours and admission prices are subjected to change at our discretion.
9. All safety rules and regulations for each ride must be strictly complied with.
10. Escape Theme Park reserves its right to refuse entry to the rides to any person at its own discretion.
11. Escape Theme park shall bear no liability for any loss or personal injury to any person in the Park.
Also note that if you leave the Park and plan to return on the same day, please have your hand stamped by the admission crews before you exit the park and entrance will be through the re-entry gate. Please accede to this procedure.
Any first aid or medical treatment provided by Escape Theme Park or NTUC Club at its expense shall be discretionary and on a compassionate
basis only. In no event shall the provision of such first aid or medical treatment tantamount to an admission of liability by Escape Theme Park or the Club for any injury sustained.
It is now open, exclusively to IEEE Singapore Computer Chapter members only.
(1) Email registration to Ms. Joan at email@example.com, with the following details:
* Your full name as in your NRIC
* IEEE membership number
* Number of adults (including yourself) PLUS number of children joining on that day
* Handphone contact number
* Cheque number and bank (please write your name and handphone number on the back of cheque)
* Additional note (if any) -- e.g., 1 adult is not entering the theme park, but will join in the dinner, etc.
(2) Mail a fully refundable deposit cheque of S$50 per family and made payable to "IEEE Singapore Computer Chapter" to the following postal address:
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
535 Clementi Road
EE Office @ Block 23 Level 5
Upon producing your NRIC on that day, we will return your deposit cheque when you collect your FREE theme park tickets.
In the interest of time, we seek your kind co-operation to register soonest possible by August 15 (Sunday).
We will confirm your full registration once your deposit cheque is received.
We look forward to having a fun-filled and belly-filled Family Day with you and your family.
See you all this September 4!
Let's register NOW!!